Our Community & Schools
While the cultural advantages of Chicago's large city environment are only 35 miles away, District 202 communities possess a unique mix of rural, small town and suburban atmospheres. This diverse mix of neighborhoods provides something for everyone no matter where they prefer to live.
District 202 serves one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. Encompassing a 64-square mile area, the District serves residents in seven communities. The District's 28,910 students attend 30 schools and are served by about 3,100 staff members.
Our campuses include an early childhood preschool, seventeen elementary schools, seven middle schools, four high schools, and an alternative school.
Each of our learning facilities has been built, rebuilt, or renovated within the past ten years which allows District 202 to provide state of the art environments suited for teaching and learning.
Our Teacher Salary & Benefits
- competitive salary and benefits package
- Board-paid contributions for single or family health, major medical, hospitalization and dental insurance
- Board-paid contributions to Illinois Teacher Retirement System (ITRS)
- Board-paid contributions to premiums for $50,000 life insurance policy for full-time employees
- paid sick, personal and bereavement leave
- extensive district-sponsored and campus-sponsored professional growth opportunities tailored to needs of faculty and students
- course credit reimbursement for pre-approved courses
- people and resources to help you succeed
- extensive athletic and extra-curricular employment opportunities
- modern facilities, equipment and technology suited for teaching and learning